Welcome to Hacking Collective Intelligence.
What is it : A Collective Intelligence Directory which will try to gather all cheatsheets required to study new domains in information security.
1. Threat Intelligence :
According to CERT-UK cyber threat intelligence (CTI) is an “elusive” concept. While cyber security comprises the recruitment of IT security experts, and the deployment of technical means, to protect an organization’s critical infrastructure, or intellectual property, CTI is based on the collection of intelligence using open source intelligence (OSINT), social media intelligence (SOCMINT), human Intelligence (HUMINT) or intelligence from the deep and dark web. CTI’s key mission is to research and analyze trends and technical developments in three areas:
- Cyber crime
- Cyber hactivism
- Cyber espionage (advanced persistent threat or APT)
Those accumulated data based on research and analysis enable states to come up with preventive measures in advance. Considering the serious impacts of cyber threats, CTI has been raised as an efficient solution to maintain international security.
It will consists of
- Sources : Consists of lists of resources or APIs to obtain up-to-date information with regards to threats.
- Formats : Standardized formats for sharing Threat Intelligence (mostly IOCs).
- Frameworks and Platforms : Frameworks, platforms and services for collecting, analyzing, creating and sharing Threat Intelligence.
- Tools : All kinds of tools for parsing, creating and editing Threat Intelligence. Mostly IOC based.